From Back Cover: This book provides the honest,
fair, comprehensive answers objections such as these deserve. Combining
scholarship, an engaging style, and spiritual seriousness, Michael Brown answers
thirty-five objections on general and historical themes.
"Michael Brown's thinking is incisive and to the point. His ability to
explain so that anyone can understand is amazing. He will surely be acclaimed as
the new expert in Jewish Christian apologetics. I would be happy to recommend
his much needed book to anyone." — Moishe Rosen, founder, Jews for
What kind of answers hold fast in Jewish Christian apologetics? Answers that are
fair. Answers that are detailed. And above all, answers that respond to actual
objections. In the first of three volumes of Answering Jewish Objections to
Jesus, Michael Brown provides defensible answers. He addresses the same
arguments that arise in his dialogue and debate with friends, rabbis, and
anti-missionaries. Some objections include:
I was a born a Jew and I will die a Jew. I won't betray my ancestors. If
Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, why isn't there peace on earth? Christians have
always hated and persecuted the Jewish people!
Brown knows all about such objections. At age sixteen, he discovered Jesus
was the Jewish Messiah, and it changed his life. Called to defend his new faith,
Brown went on to master Hebrew, earning his Ph.D. in Semitic languages. In the
past decades he has established himself as a leading Jewish Christian apologist.
Brown brings together his learning and his love for his people to answer
thirty-five commonly heard objections. He provides believers and seekers alike
with honest, spiritually focused answers, thoroughly documented with notes.
About the Author
Michael L. Brown (Ph.D., Near Eastern Languages and Literature, New York
University) is president of the Brownsville Revival School of Ministry near
Pensacola, Florida, where he resides. He is also adjunct professor at Trinity
Evangelical Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
Wow! These books (see Volume 2 as
well) are good! It is hard to hold back the enthusiasm I have for this
work. Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus is written by a Jew for
Jews. The author, Michael Brown, is a Messianic Jew who knows all the
objections that unbelieving Jews, whether they be Orthodox, Reform, etc., have
against accepting Yeshua as the promised Messiah, having publicly debated
several leading Rabbis on the topic. Through his experiences of working
and talking with Jews, Brown has compiled their objections and his corresponding
answers in a series of books (Volume 3 is awaiting publication) that is hard to
put down. However, you don't have to be Jewish to enjoy and learn from these
books for they serve as a valuable study tool for Christians as well. If
you know a non-Messianic Jew or someone that has rejected Yeshua as Savior in favor
of traditional Judaism that is still awaiting their messiah, then please consider giving these books as a gift,
prayerfully trusting that God will open their eyes to the truth.
Some of the objections that are covered in Answering Jewish Objections to
Of the 35 objections dealing with general and historical matters listed in
Volume One here is a sample:
- A person is either Jewish or Christian. I'm Jewish.
- Messianic Judaism, or Hebrew Christianity, is just one big deception,
designed to lure unsuspecting Jews into Christianity.
- The fundamental problem with Christianity is that it is not Judaism.
Therefore, all your so-called proofs from the Hebrew Scriptures are
- If Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, why don't more Jews believe in him?
- If Jesus really is the Messiah, why are there so many objections?
- Christianity simply doesn't work. It doesn't produce what it
- If Jesus is really the Messiah, why isn't there peace on earth?
- Christianity is really a religion of hate not love.
- Christians have always hated and persecuted the Jewish people.
- Why did God allow six million Jews to die in the Holocaust?
- Within two generations, the Jewish followers of Jesus (under the influence
of Paul) had largely given up their Jewish practices, setting a precedent
that has remained the same right up until today.
Of the 28 objections dealing with theological matters listed in Volume Two
here is a sample:
- Jews don't believe in the Trinity. We believe in one God, not three.
- If you claim that Jesus is God then you are guilty of making God into a
man. You are an idol worshipper!
- According to Isaiah 43:11, God alone is our Savior. We don't need or
recognize any other saviors.
- We are righteous by what we do, not by what we believe. Christianity is
the religion of the creed, Judaism the religion of the deed.
- Even if I accept your premise that blood sacrifices are of great
importance in the Torah, the fact is that our Hebrew Bible including the
Torah itself — offers other means of atonement, not just the shedding of
- The Book of Daniel teaches us that if the Temple has been destroyed and is
not functional, prayer replaces sacrifice.
- God wanted the blood of a goat or a lamb, not a person. He doesn't want
- Jews don't believe in a divine Messiah.
of Contents (back)
Part 1 — General Objections
Part 2 — Historical Objections
Index of Scripture and Other Ancient Writings