From the Talmud and Hebraica
by John Lightfoot
Philologos Religious Online Books
A Commentary on the New Testament
from the Talmud and Hebraica
A Chorographical Decad;
searching into some places of the Land of Israel;
those especially whereof mention is made in St. Mark.
The village over-against; Mark 11:2
Dalmanutha; Mark 8:10
The coasts of Tyre and Sidon; Mark 7:24
The region of Decapolis, what; Mark 7:30
Some places scaterringly noted.
Of various inhabitants of the land.
- Idumea: Mark 3:8.
- A few things of Pelusium
- Casiotis: Cas-jah: Exodus 17:16.
- Rhinocorura. The Arabic interpreter noted.
- The country of the Avites: a part of New Idumea.
- The whole portion of Simeon within Idumea.
- The whole southern country of Judea, within Idumea.
- Of the third Palestine, or Palestine called 'the Healthful.'